Saturday, September 13, 2008

hmmmm

hmmmm

I haven’t blogged in a really long time... since the last time I wrote anything we’ve gotten Matt’s OCS class date (finally! Aug.3), but are still waiting on official orders so we’re not sure when we’re going where... final destination GA, but other than that its still sort of up in the air.

I was thinking the other night, as I often do before falling asleep, about some of the most random things... like stuff from the 80s. Trapperkeepers. They were the bomb. I always wanted one. Never got one, but my older sister did. Then the school stopped allowing kids to have them because they were too big or something. Lame. Scratch and sniff. In the 80s freaking everything was scratch and sniff. I kinda miss it. We used to play Frogger on our grandma’s computer, and this other game where you "made" faces... I remember sticking weird mustaches on the guy. I can’t remember what that one was called, though. That was back in the day when WWF was still entertaining--Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, I even remember Andre the Giant wrestling (nowadays most people only seem to remember that he was in The Princess Bride [great movie]).... there were a whole bunch of others I could list off, too. haha (What a nerd I am!) Saturday mornings were the best. lol

And while I’m recalling the fond memories of youth... Today Adrienne gave me a good laugh. I swear, I had fun as a child, but I don’t remember ever being as creative as she is. I climbed trees and named my pet bunnies Cuddly and Spike. She puts on a pair of pants, both legs into one hole, and tells me she’s being a mermaid. She also made herself lunch. Ever-so-proud of herself she showed me her sandwich. Strawberries and mustard. I thought "Oh frick." I told her that she did a really good job, but that if she didn’t like it we could wash off the strawberries and eat them by themselves and we could put something else on her bread, like meat. We wound up going that route. This girl does about a million adorable things each day. I wish I could save every moment. Her sisters, too. They’re all pretty doggone adorable. In some ways I can’t wait for them to grow older so I can see all the amazing things they will do... and in others I want to keep them little and full of joy and wonder forever. They are my angels.

No comments: