Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yesterday we skipped school except for some basic reading and made the haul (all 45 minutes of it...) to the city to get some things I can't get here in our rinky-dink town. I love that about homeschooling. Technically we weren't going to skip, but we wound up getting home a lot later than I expected. It wasn't a tremendous deal because we're making up the difference today and will still be done earlier than the local schools. That's a win for me.

The other night I cut out the paper pieces for all three dress up dresses. Last night I cut all the fabric for Adrienne's dress. I figured she, out of all of them, could use it the most. The other girls still fit into all the dress ups we own, she really only fits into one or two. I am planning to start sewing tonight after I put the kids to bed. They don't have any idea what I've been up to. They know I am supposed to be making the dresses sometime but they haven't actually witnessed any of this happening. I'm hoping I can surprise each of them with a finished dress. They'll probably poop their pants.

In other super exciting news, I've been trying my hand at crockpot oatmeal. (HA! You suckers really thought it was going to be exciting, didn't you?) When you wake up it feels like you magically have breakfast made and you didn't have to do a thing. Except you really did it before you went to bed at midnight... and you don't usually eat breakfast, it's for your children. Still. It's awesome having it totally done in the morning.

When we were in the city yesterday I had to hunt down a liquor store that carries locally made wines for a gift basket. It occurred to me to wonder what they must think of a woman coming in with 4 children skipping along behind her. I imagine their thoughts ran something along the lines of "Whoa, four whole tiny humans! She must really need the booze to cope!" My kids were delighted with the lifesize statue of Captain Morgan, too. At least the kids didn't recognize him. Then the storekeepers really would have thought I have a problem.

With the way the boy is behaving right now I am thinking they might be right... there's nothing wrong with a white russian for lunch is there? Lots of calcium...

No comments: