Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Random Memory

When I was in college I used to make mix CDs for my younger siblings back at home. On one such CD I put Dexy's Midnight Runners' "Come One Eileen." This evening I had iTunes going on my computer while I puttered around and that song came on.

I've listened to it dozens upon dozens of times over the years, but tonight I remembered, quite out of the blue, having given it to one of my sisters.

When I came home for one of my breaks she played the CD I'd given her and sang along, "I'm gonna hump this chick forever!" Hilarity ensued and I spent a considerable amount of time trying to convince her that it's "I'm gonna hum this tune forever!"

And tonight I sat in front of my computer laughing like a maniac for no apparent reason because I remembered that one little instance. I love my siblings.

No comments: