Thursday, August 12, 2010

I like things the way they are.

OK, so back home again. I need to buckle back down and compose, lets those inner thoughts fly free. I will be getting my new computer in the next few weeks so that's a huge plus. Matt approved my choice, which makes me feel good because I had my sister purchase the same computer for herself. And I'd have felt like shit for making a 19 year old college student buy a POS machine. I also didn't let the sales girl strong arm Mary into buying a bunch of crap she doesn't need. Why pay $40 for anti-virus software when there are really good programs out there for free? So now that I have the decision making part out of the way all I have to do is wait till some more money comes through the bank and either run out and buy it or order it online.

I have decided that my husband might just be a total sucker for me. At least it's mutual. The other day he said that he hadn't gotten me anything for my birthday and he'd have to do something special for me later. Now, I'm never one to say no to presents from him. I like that he loves me so much that he'll do just about anything to make me happy. But I kinda had thought that the computer would be my birthday present. I know I said it to him at least twice. I'm going to go ahead and say that it does not make me a bad person that I will most likely let that one slip under the radar and let him get or do whatever he wants for me. I mean, if he wants to do something special for me who am I to tell him no?

It's really the little things that are my favorites, though. Don't get me wrong, I love that I can convince him to buy me a new camera or that he's totally agreeable to buying me a new computer when mine dies. Love that he is that generous with me. But, there are little things throughout the day that I cherish. I love that he always kisses me hello and goodbye, he usually says I love you multiple times a day. He rubs my back and feet without me ever having to ask. He just does these things because he likes being near me. I don't owe him any favors for doing it, there's never a "my turn" or "your turn", he just does things for me. I think he might be getting the short end of the stick, actually. I rarely rub his back and I never rub his feet.

Because let's be honest here, feet are kinda gross.

No comments: