Monday, January 03, 2011

Detoxing...

I have been pretty keen on the idea of doing some sort of body detox for awhile now. I just don't think I can do a juice fast. A whole week with no food? No thanks! I recently went ahead and did an internal herbal cleanse (that worked quite well, FYI). I probably won't repeat the experience any time soon, though, mostly because it left me feeling kind of nauseous and sensitive to smells (I can guarantee I am not pregnant). I think the tablets just flushed everything out of my system so fast I didn't actually absorb much nutrition and my body was freaking out from the lack. Maybe if I do it again I will just do it for one week and not two.

Once that was done I began using foot detox patches. Now, I've read a lot of conflicting reports on them (the brand that was most often used as an example is no longer manufactured), but a lot of the people who used them and then called them a crock only used them for a day or two and threw the rest out. I read you need to do it for a minimum of 3 days, most often it takes longer to do the cleanse. I've read about how it's dubious science at best. Maybe I'm a sucker for a gimmick. Either way, I think it might actually be working. Besides, 26 years (reportedly) of studies in Japan can't be totally wrong, right? haha (I've been using patches that are actually Asian brands vs. a knock off claiming to be the same "technology." http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/product/5500000-forest-sap-detox-patch)

I can't say I am feeling exceptionally different, but one of the signs that the patch is "working" is that it gets lighter each day. I've noticed that it's not only getting lighter but it's not nearly as gooey when I take it off. I won't post pictures for comparison, because (quite frankly) it's disgusting. If you really want to see pictures of how these things look when you're done you can always google.

I'm not sure if I will ever do this again. I might. But, knowing me, I will probably move on to the next gimmick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should use the all natural detox I got from Thomas. I take it for a month and then take a month off. And I'm awesome!!