Friday, August 22, 2008

Really something...

I know... none of my pictures are working anymore. I'll have to find another way of linking them in future posts. I had to beef up my privacy settings again after stumbling across a MAJOR creep. So... unfortunately my blog has to suffer for his sins. Poor little blog.

In other news my stuff still hasn't arrived from Korea. I called the transportation office yesterday. They called me back this morning to let me know they'd put a trace on our shipment and would call me back to let me know what they find out. It better get here soon. I'm getting annoyed. I want my stuff, my sewing machine in particular.

I need to go buy milk today. I decided that I'm buying sushi, too. Our supermarket has this little corner where Asian women (and a couple of men) roll sushi fresh all day. I can't eat the raw stuff, the slimy texture is too much for me. Maybe one day I'll warm up to it, but for now California rolls and sushi with cooked lobster/crab/shrimp are perfectly fine by me.

Need to mop my floors, too. Matt gets to come home for a few hours this weekend and I don't want the place looking like a dump. I was thinking about him last night... about my friends. And I thought, my friends are great. They comfort and sooth, perk me up. But it's different with him. In my ultra-cheesy blog when I said "he heals me"... I realized last night, in complete sobriety, just how true my alcohol induced words are. After a frustrating afternoon, made brighter by friends, I heard his voice over the phone and I could literally feel the stress lift and tension leave my shoulders and neck. It was kind of a strange sensation, not unpleasant... and I know it's happened before where just talking to him has made me feel 100% better, but I don't think I have ever been so aware of it before.

haha If I keep talking about him instead of this being the "Kate the something" blog its going to be "Matt's really something!"

No comments: