Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life is precious.

I don't know if I'm having delayed reactions or getting hormonal, but I read the facebook status of a friend who's grandfather passed away this morning and now I'm really fighting off crying. I'd go tell my husband and probably really actually break down, but he's napping and I'd rather now bawl my eyes out right now. So I'm dumping this here instead. It's cathartic. Sue me. Anyway, it just got me thinking about my Granny (great-grandmother-who passed away on the 17th). I haven't cried yet, mostly I just felt really sad for my grandfather because I know her death was really hard on him and happened only one day before the anniversary of the death of my grandma and aunt (his wife and daughter). I'm kind of feeling sorry for myself, I guess. I didn't get to go to her funeral. I hadn't seen her in a few years. And I really regret that my kids didn't get to know her better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! All my biological grandparents have died. I didnt get to go to the funerals for the last two. I didn't really know my cousins' grandfather, who died today, yet I'm still a little weapy.

Unknown said...

Well, weapy isn't the right word, for I am rarely weapy, but saddened, certainly.