Thursday, March 18, 2010

Slacker? Who? Me?

My name is Kate. I am a total slacker when it comes to blogging.

Ok, seriously these last couple weeks have just been busy. Between teaching Adrienne, trips to the library, and Genevieve's birthday this past Sunday (not to mention piles of laundry and dishes that I need to do every day) there just hasn't been as much time for blogging as I would like. But my mood always suffers from the lack of it.

When I write out my witticisms and frustrations it just makes me happier, I think. Not happy as in joyful, but it helps relieve the stresses of the day. And lemme tell ya, this past week in particular has been rather stressful.

Xander is teething, he has a runny nose, and a mild diaper rash. Adrienne has a runny nose. I have had some serious congestion, too. Luckily the worst of it struck after Genevieve's birthday. (Which Charlotte fought valiantly to claim as her own. She lost, but accepted defeat graciously... mostly...)

I re-created my Valentine's Day cake with a few alterations. (It was amazing.) We had the neighborhood kids over for cake and ice cream out in the yard. It was super windy so we wound up moving everything around the corner of the house. As soon as cake was eaten and presents were open Genevieve decided she was cold and wanted to go back inside. Really she just wanted to play with her loot.

I really don't have anything funny or exciting to report. I just felt neglectful and needed to write something.

I bought a new blender at WallyWorld last week. It's just a cheapie Osterizer (25 bucks FTW) but it actually crushes the ice down to a smooth snowiness. I am pretty much in love. Margaritas all summer! I also told Matt that I want to buy a rug steam cleaner of some sort. Our rugs are getting gross and I think it'd be cheaper in the long run rather than hiring someone to come in and clean them for us.

I'm bored.

No comments: