Monday, June 20, 2011

Back in May...

My boy turned two back in May. I am finally getting around to creating a pictureful post to commemorate his two years of life and the joy he has brought us. get your scroll finger ready! (pardon the fuzzy shots, some came from my phone)

This is where it began. They didn't tell us but we were damn sure he was a girl. Whoops...
20 week ultrasound 1

A few months later I was given this amazing little creature. Shockingly born with man parts.
slr 017


It was love at first sight. Loved by one and all. Even the girl who cried every time we said "but what if God gives us a boy instead of a girl?"
slr 102

The boy grew, and he was damn cute.
slr 003

And sweet. And perfect.
108

Before we knew it he was crawling and sitting up.
slr 028

It wasn't long before he was walking and showing us how much he loved to be outside (his face doesn't convey that in the second picture, so you'll just have to trust me that it's true).
slr 093

slr 089

He was a real charmer. The kind of boy you invite home for dinner to meet your folks.
slr 010

He's also a mess-maker, and if I didn't love him so much I'd probably go crazy. Jim was spot on, though, this boy loves his peanut butter.
slr 034

But he cleans up nice.
slr 039

Halloween.
slr 042

Christmas.
slr 006

 I'm losing my chronological order here, but there are shots I love that I can't bear not to share.

He's dirty, and looks a little stubborn, but I love this picture of him. I have it hanging on my living room wall.
slr 067 copy

 This always makes me grin. Every time. Whatever it was that made him cry, I don't even remember anymore, but it was harmless enough to take pictures instead of console him. In fact, he was probably crying because I wouldn't let him take my camera. He likes to try.
slr 007

A day at the beach this March. The wind was chilly and he was soaked, but he loved every minute.
slr 036

And, really, what's not to love about this scenario?
slr 009

It actually happens pretty often...
slr 092

 Working hard with Mommy.
CIMG0067

So happy to be with Daddy.
IMAG0072

Muscles!!
IMAG0222

 Hanging with his Big Sissies.
slr 008

My dapper little gentleman.
IMAG0261

A bunch of adorable moments.
IMAG0291    IMAG0295
slr 003 slr 086
IMAG0055IMAG0060
IMAG0094

His wild hair a few weeks ago.
IMAG0403

 And now after his latest haircut. Handsome. Charming. A turdy little trouble maker. And he's all ours. Happy 2nd birthday to my little love.
IMAG0437
IMAG0438

No comments: